Friday, August 15, 2008

Iowa Friends

Lee Visit

After a long fight and a two and half hour drive...our friend, Lee made it to San Diego. Rob and I were so excited to hear Lee planned a trip out to California. The only difference this time was that Lee had a surprise...he was bringing along his beautiful new fiancee, Alissa. So this week we had the pleasure of seeing Lee in what was about a year and meeting his new wife to be. By the way...Alissa is great and we love her already! Rob and I were able to take them to Old Town San Diego for a Mexican dinner, then over to Sunset Cliffs. One of my favorite places for a sunset, but I was a bit sad because the clouds rolled in and there went the anticipated sunset. Bummer, but it was still very gorgeous. After leaving there, we took the two new engaged couple on quick drive through San Diego's Down Town and over the Coronado Bridge. Rob and I have learned that on a clear night you can see a the heart of San Diego. Very amazing view. I'm really glad that we were able to spend some time with Lee this week and meet his new wife to be. Congratulations Lee and Alissa. We'll be seeing you soon...this time in Iowa.

Lee and Alissa

Rob and MJ

Lee and Alissa

Sunset Cliffs

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hey, Maryjo! I didn't know you had a blog! Congrats on graduating! It looks like you are doing really well. Come visit us and see Asia!